You are here: Home.
3rd GLASSPEX INDIA 2013: the glass industry’s meeting point on the Indian subcontinent
More than 180 exhibitors from 22 countries in Mumbai
GLASSPEX INDIA 2013 - International Exhibition for Glass - Production, Processing, Products – held at the Bombay Bombay Convention & Exhibition Centre for the third time from 20 to 22 March 2013, has become established as the glass industry’s leading trade fair for the Indian market.
The following figures speak for themselves: Despite the currently difficult market environment more than 180 exhibitors from 22 countries presented the latest products and innovations in the areas of glass production, processing and applications to 3,347 trade visitors. Exhibitors included such resounding names as Bottero, DSF Refractories, Emhart Glass, Grenzebach, Saint-Gobain SEFPRO, Shamvik Glasstech, K-bond, Hindusthan National Glass & Industries (HNG), Fosbel, Bystronic, Hegla, Glasproduktions-Service, Techno Trade Links and Zippe underlining the quality of this event. read more
GLASSPEX INDIA 2013 has opened the doors and expects three successful days!
Rani Sawhney, Messe Duesseldorf India– Lata Subramanian, Messe Duesseldorf India– Joerg Duebelt, Messe Duesseldorf GmbH– Udo Schuertzmann, Messe Duesseldorf India– Renate Gaffo, GIMAV– Dr. Zippe, Zippe Industrieanlagen GmbH– Werner Dornscheidt, Messe Duesseldorf GmbH– S.C. Bansal, AIGMF– Manohar Lal, AIGMF– Birgit Horn, Messe Duesseldorf GmbH– Sanjay Somany, Hindusthan National Glass & Industries– Bharat Somany, Hindusthan National Glass & Industries– Sachin Dev Sharma, Messe Duesseldorf India– Timo Feuerbach, VDMA
GPD India Opens with Lively Discussions
The first day of GPD India 2013 started wilth lively discussions today. The keynote speech given by Johann Sischka of Waagner-Biro from Austria, looked at key aspects of design and performance of facades and curtain walls and their applications in different parts of the world.
Ingo Stelzer, Dupont, looked at the importance of quality in selecting nterlayers in order to achieve cost efficiency in glazing. Jukka Vehmas, Gkaston, focused on quality in processing to get good optical quality as well as avoid iridescence in the final product.
Vishwa Sud, Eastman focused on what makes accoustic interlayers for laminated glass different and how to estimate their performance in different temperature zones.
The day was crowned by the last presentation of the day delivered by Nitin Bhatia, FACET Construction Engineering. Nitin argued that the industry needs to think beyond educating only its existing customers and potential customers. The glass industry's vision should expand and look at the general public as one of the key drivers for generating future business by educating them about glass and what glass can do.
On the 20th of March, the conference will focus on Energy efficiency and solar in warm climates. Key note speeches will be given by Aaron Schwarz, Managing Director of Perkins Eastman and Sameer Kumar, Senior Associate Principal at Pedersen Fox Associates and Fox. Mr Sameer will look at the challenges faced in selecting glass for warm climates.
All are welcome to attend from 10am onwards.
GLASS PERFORMANCE DAYS India has opened its doors on March 19th at 10.00 h.
Online Registration for visitors will be closing at 21.00 h Indian time on March 18, 2013, but you can still register on site.
Please register here
We are looking forward to seeing you.
The Online Visitor Registration for GLASSPEX INDIA 2013 is open now!
Please click here
Call for Papers for the 3rd Glass Performance Days (GPD) India
Conference proceedings on Energy Efficiency, Solar and Glass Technology in Warm Climates can be submitted as from now!
The Indian edition of the world’s most important conference for glass specialists, the Glass Performance Days (GPD), will be held from 19 to 20 March at the Bombay Convention & Exhibition Centre in Mumbai in parallel with GLASSPEX INDIA – International Exhibition for Glass – Production Processing Products – (20 to 22 March 2013). read more
GLASSPEX INDIA 2013 – Exhibitor registration to the 3rd edition of this successful glass fair is now on!
GLASSPEX INDIA – International Exhibition for Glass – Production Processing Products – will be held for the third time from 20 to 22 March 2013 in Hall V of the Bombay Convention & Exhibition Centre in Mumbai. Companies across the entire glass industry can register now.
This highly successful exhibition for the glass industry has already become a fixture in the international trade fair arena. At the previous edition in 2011 176 exhibitors from 19 countries presented the latest products and technologies in glass production, finishing and applications to over 4,000 international trade visitors.
a key market place for the glass industry on the Indian Subcontinent
176 exhibitors from 19 countries and 4,072 visitors in Mumbai
GLASSPEX INDIA has become established! By the end of the fair, which took place in Mumbai from the 12 - 14 of January, 2011, it was clear that it has already established itself as fixed part of the international trade fair calendar.
Some 176 exhibitors (139 exhibitors in 2009) from 19 countries presented the entire value creation chain of the glass manufacturing process, including finishing and glass applications, to 4,072 visitors from 31 countries (3200 visitors in 2009) in Hall 6 of the Bombay Exhibition Center. Renowned exhibitors such as Bottero, DSF Refractories, Emhart Glass, Grenzabach, Hindustan National Glass, Saint-Gobain SEFPRO, Shamvik Glasstech, Bassra Machine Tools, Den Breven, CUMI, IAG, Gujarat Borosil, K-bond, Techno Trade Links and Zippe Industrieanlagen stood for top quality. read more
The “1st Solar Industry Summit India” conference will take place as part of the international glass trade fair GLASSPEX INDIA in Mumbai on the 13th of January 2011.T
he setting for the first major conference held by the Indian solar energy industry couldn’t be better. GLASSPEX INDIA, which will once again be taking place from 12 - 14 January in the Bombay Exhibition Centre in Mumbai, already attracted almost 140 exhibitors and more than 3,000 visitors from around the world the first time it was held, in 2009. Many of the glass manufacturers and machine manufacturers attending the fair are closely linked to the solar energy industry and are often amongst the global players in this forward-looking market. Taking part in the Solar Industry Summit thus offers the unique opportunity to get an all-round impression of the current products on the solar energy market and the latest production technologies, all in one place, while meeting new contacts in one of the most important markets of the future. read more
Enhancement of GLASSPEX focus on architecture, flat glass and solar technology - India is one of the world’s fastest growing economies. The growth in its population and higher standard of living are driving forward the subcontinent’s construction and automobile sectors in particular, while creating an increase in the demand of consumer goods. In all these areas, glass plays a significant role, for example as a modern construction material in architecture, as packaging material or as automotive glass. GLASSPEX INDIA, International Exhibition for Glass Production, Processing and Products, offers international companies the ideal framework for a very specific presentation to the Indian glass market.
Who dares wins! The people behind GLASSPEX INDIA dared – and have won. After the three days of the fair, both the 139 exhibitors from over 20 countries as well as over 3,200 registered trade visitors to the fair were very satisfied with the premiere of the trade fair for the glass industry.
"Qualified information”, “interesting new aspects,” “valuable suggestions”, were just a few of the remarks made by visitors, on the one hand. The exhibitors, on the other hand, were taken by the very specific and well guided interest shown by the visitors and their level of knowledge. The companies that exhibited had come with bundles of optimism and a wealth of innovations, and their expectations were fully met. In a difficult economic climate that hasn’t spared the glass industry, GLASSPEX INDIA 2009 offered an excellent opportunity to conquer a wide variety of sectors. Be it representatives of the building trade, the pharmaceuticals industry, the food and beverage sector, the booming communications market or the car industry – everyone was at the Pragati Maidan Exhibition Centre in New Delhi from 2 - 4 December. Demand and supply for the entire supply chain, from glass production and refinement through to glass applications, were perfectly in tune with each other.
» read more
GLASSPEX INDIA is the satellite show of glasstec Düsseldorf – the world‘s largest trade fair for the glass industry -, offering the Indian glass market a comprehensive overview of the latest developments and trends in the areas of glass production, processing and products.
Why GLASSPEX INDIA?
- India has over the years established itself as one of the world’s fastest growing economies and has become a key player in numerous trade verticals globally.
- India continues to grow as 2nd fastest growing economy in the world, 3rd largest in terms of purchasing power parity and the 10th most industrialized country in the world.
- Moreover, the process of reforms and the consequent deregulation, liberalization and globalization of the economy has unleashed the enormous growth potential of the country. This has made India as a preferred destination for domestic and foreign investments.
- India is one of the few markets in the world which offer high prospects for growth and earning potential in practically all areas of business. There exists immense investment opportunities both at the National and State Level.
- The growth in its population and higher standard of living are driving forward in particular the subcontinent’s construction and automobile sector, while the demand for consumer goods is also rising.
- The automotive sector is one of the core industries of the Indian economy. The delicensing of the sector in 1991 and the subsequent opening up of 100 per cent foreign direct investment (FDI) through the automatic route marked the beginning of a new era for the Indian automotive industry. Since then almost all the global major automobile players have set up their facilities in India.
- Indian incomes are likely to grow three-fold over the next two decades and India will become the world's fifth-largest consumer market by 2025.
- The real estate sector in India has observed a quite revolution over the past decade thanks to India’s booming economy which has led to an increased demand for both commercial and residential space. According to a study by a leading industry chamber, the Indian real estate sector is expected to grow at 30 per cent over the next decade, attracting foreign investments worth US$ 30 billion.
- India is among the fastest growing pharmaceutical markets in the world. The country's pharmaceutical market is expected to maintain a healthy growth rate of 12-13 per cent and expected to cross the US$ 10 billion mark by 2010 and reach approximately, US$ 12 to 13 billion by 2012.
- In all these areas the material glass plays a superior role, for example as a modern construction material in architecture, as packaging material for foodstuffs and pharmaceutical products, as vehicle glass or the basis for displays and communication cables in the electronics industry.
Exhibitors at GLASSPEX INDIA will get world class organizing standards and quality visitors from all the desired visitor segments.
For visitor GLASSPEX INDIA is going to the best networking platform and they will find leaders from the industry from all over the globe.
Please download the check in broschure with all relevant facts & figures around GLASSPEX INDIA 2013 here.
++ newsflash ++ AIGMF is committed to make GLASSPEX INDIA 2013 the largest glass industry event in South Asia ++
Please download the post show report with all relevant facts & figures around GLASSPEX INDIA 2011 here.
Impressions third day, 14.01.2011
Impressions second day, 13.01.2011
Pictures of the inauguration, 12.01.2011
Impressions Solar Industry Summit, 13.01.2011
Impressions first day GPD, 11.01.2011
Please download the latest news on the attractive side programme of GLASSPEX INDIA 2011: